End of Year 2

Well the final assessment is already upon us, i can't believe how quick time has gone, it only seemed like yesterday i was reading the mortal engines briefs. I've certainly learnt a lot this year, especially the 3d side, mostly from my mistakes. The mortal engines projects played a big part in this. I made a lot of errors within each project, mainly with the texturing. Now i can look back at it and see how bad some parts were. The small projects heather gave us after Christmas were good fun. I think it would be good for everyone if these were set after each major project.
The group project was a major part of the second year. It showed us how things work in the industry and how important certain aspects are. Having good communication skills are vital, as well as consistency and naming conventions. I certainly enjoyed the group project and look forward to seeing what next years second years create. Even though the group project was fun, i still think i'll work on my own for the 3rd year major project. I like to have full control over what is happening, plus i won't have to worry about people not turning up or doing the work etc. Not that this really happened in our group, but i did notice there were one or two people in some groups like this.
The 3rd year major projects have really inspired me to get to grips with unreal, as some of the results are fantastic, something i am really looking forward to using in the 3rd year.
I'm starting to become more confident now with my drawing, i don't hesitate as much as i used to, i just get on with it, no matter how difficult the scene is. The better the challenge the more you learn i've noticed. The same applies to my life drawing, i feel i am improving steadily, Chris mentioned about getting life drawing every day next year which would be great.
I think the most important thing i have learned from this year is how important time management is. You would be surprised at how many hour you waste each day, and they add up, to a lot. One thing i defiantly need to do for the third is is create my own work timetable, and ensure i stick to it. Otherwise, things could go horrible wrong...

No comments: