History Of Computer Games 2000 -

Over the past decade, the games industry has grown and still is at a fast rate. Even some games have become more popular than films such as the Halo series, which has sold millions of copies. Advances in technology have seen the release of consoles such as the Playstation 3 and xbox 360, which have allowed for more advanced graphics, gameplay and increased content. If you compare a game on one of these consoles to a game on lets say, the Nintendo 64, you will be amazed at the different in overall quality.
I still remember when i got my hands the first Playstaion, and i thought that the games were brilliant. Looking back at some of the games I owned, i can't help but laugh at the graphics and gameplay, since owning a PS3 and high spec computer. Still, even though the graphics may not be great, there still are some great classics, such as the Crash Bandicoot collection (mainly CB3: warped) and micro machines.
Many new techniques are being used now for producing games. Theses include HDR lighting, motion capture and High Definition graphics, all making the gaming experience more pleasant to look at. These techniques can be seen in games such as Gran Turismo Prologue, Call of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2.
I have found myself to be addicted to Team Fortress 2. I've been playing it since it's release and i still havent got bored of it, which makes a change. I'm currently working on my own map aswell using the Source Development Kit. I may post some screenshots on here someday.

No comments: