End of year sum up

I really can't believe 24 weeks have pasted, I can remember the first day as clear as anything, I can even remember my interview as if it were yesterday. It truly is scary at how quickly time flies. I guess it’s true what they say, 'time flies when you're having fun'. I have really enjoyed my first year on the course and look forward to the challenges of the second year.
At first everything seemed a little daunting, what with having 50 people on the course, rooms were a little crowded, but hey, it gave me a chance to get to know people easily. It was a shame the computer labs weren't ready by the time we had arrived, I thought they would have been done during the summer. It didn’t bother me too much as I got Photoshop and 3ds max on my computer here in my flat.
I like the overall structure of the course, having projects set for a week or two allows us to get into the habit of working with deadlines, something that is crucial to meet in the industry. The trips out to places with Chris was a nice change to college, just sat in a class room all day, it is certainly nicer and more effective drawing from life. I have certainly learnt a lot over the past 24 weeks in all areas. I enjoyed the Wednesday sessions too, although i am a rather quiet, shy person, I found everything Mike had to say very interesting and inspiring. Every time I left the room I had something to think about and has helped me realise things that I wasn’t sure about before.
3d studio max seemed a little scary at first, I think a lot of people found it hard and still are getting to grips with it. As for myself, I really enjoy using 3d software and spent a lot of time at home messing around with it. Plus Heather's tutorials were a great help for the projects we have covered.
There really weren’t any bad points over the past 24 weeks. Oh and facebook is working well I think, it’s good to see the 2nd years work too so we can see what to aim for next year.
All in all, jolly good show chaps.

No comments: